2207 Kings Row
Reno, NV 89509
Schedule of Events
- Unity Metaphysical Communion Service. - Sunday evening, December 20th, 7:00 pm
- At this service, we will be celebrating the Christmas story as it relates to us personally and metaphysically. Rev. Richard will read the traditional scripture, I will interpret it metaphysically, and Tristan will sing the correlating Christmas Carol. This service is a metaphysical journey to the cradle of our hearts, as we reflectively celebrate Communion honoring the Truths that we share. A time of refreshments will follow.
- 12 Powers Candle Lighting Service
- In order to provide our musicians the opportunity to be with their families on Christmas Eve, and to accommodate the members of our spiritual community who will be leaving the area for Christmas, our Candle Lighting Service will be held Tuesday, Evening, December 22nd. The doors will open at 6:40 pm. Candle Lighting Service will begin at 7:00. pm. Seating will be on a first come, first serve basis. A time of community will follow the service.
- Burning Bowl Ceremony - Sunday, Morning, December 27th at 10:30 am.
- Start the New Year with a clean slate! During this service you will have an opportunity to write down all that you choose not to carry into the New Year. You may then release these old thoughts and conditions by placing your list in the burning bowl.
The Burning Bowl Ceremony helps us to let go of old hurts, grudges, regrets and suffering and to relinquish anything, in fact, that burdens our minds while at the same time to identify those things in our lives that we wish to bring forth, particularly in the coming year.
You will be amazed how powerful this is for letting things go, individually and collectively, and moving into the New Year with a new start.
- White Stone Ceremony - Sunday, Morning, January 3rd, 2012 at 10:30 am.
- In the White Stone Ceremony, we will be allowing Spirit to give us a new name, a new thought a new idea, a symbol, a theme, for this coming year. We can dramatically change, alter, and reshape our lives by what we call ourselves, and by what we attach to our "I AM."
The story of the White Stone Ceremony is an ancient one, over 2,000 years old. In the ancient world, when prisoners were released from prison, they were often given a white stone to symbolize their freedom and to prove to all they were finally free. A new name was written on that stone to symbolize his new intentions, new opportunities and new experiences to come. For us today, the white stone still remains the symbol of hope and possibility. This is why we celebrate giving a new name to our 'new life' in this new year.
Unity Center Chaplains
Our Unity Center Chaplains are available to the members of our congregation for prayer and support. If you already have an assigned chaplain, and desire prayer, please call them and they will pray with you. If you do not have an assigned Chaplain and would like to have support; please call the Chaplain of your choice and they will be happy to support you in prayers, as well.
Sharon Callanan - 775-219-6201
Sybil Furman - 775-560-4842
Stephen Jacobs - 775-247-1632
Julie Davis-Bingham - 775-626-1888
Richard Mantei - 775-747-2207
Miracle Mindedness Prayer Circle
The Miracle Mindedness Prayer Circle is held each Sunday at 9:30 am in the Meditation Room. Using a guided seven-step process, each participant is supported in giving thanks for their blessings and praying affirmatively for the substance or circumstances that they want to co-create with God. The group is facilitated by Julie Davis-Bingham and is open to anyone who is interested in attending.
Call the office at 775-747-2207 for more information.
The Outreach Program meetings are held at the church at noon on the first Sunday of each month
For information contact: Barbara Williamson at 775-857-1478 or email@example.com
Unity Relationship Enrichment Group (UREG)
Our UREG meetings and potluck are held on the first Saturday of each month starting at 6:00 pm
For information contact: Lee and John Moran at 775-853-3285 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings will occur the first Tuesday of each month at the Sanctuary.
Meetings begin at 6pm.
For information contact:
Mark Sturdivant 775 972 7564, email@example.com
Women's Partners in Believing Luncheon
The luncheon is held the first Thursday of every month from 11:30 – 1:00. Bring a Brown Bag lunch. no charge, no sign up Just show up..
CDs of Sunday lessons are available for purchase in the foyer for $5 each. Just fill out the form and insert the date and title of the talk you wish to purchase. A list of titles is available at the table. All CD’s must be paid for when ordered.
Visa/MasterCard accepted here! We are now accepting Visa and MasterCard in our Bookstore! Also, you make tithe weekly or monthly with a credit card! See John Williamson or call Vicki at 774-747-2207 for information!